Winter can be a real magical and beautiful time of the year. Crisp frosty mornings, silent snow falls and evenings by a crackling fireplace with a cup of tea and a favourite book. Winter is a time for wrapping up in cosy blankets, warm fluffy sweaters and having fun in the snow!
It is also a time when our skin needs a little extra care and attention to stay healthy and hydrated. The cold dry air and lower temperatures can irritate and dehydrate our skin resulting breakouts, redness and accelerate the aging process.
To protect our skin we need to remember a few really important things. In this article, we want to give you some of our expert advice on how to take care of your skin during the winter season.
Keep your skin away from snow or cold wind – when you go outside, remember to wear gloves, a hat, and a scarf! You should be dressed warmly. Your body will thank you for that.
Sunscreen not only for summer – usually, we associate sunscreen as a necessary item to be used during the summer. That is not true! We should put sunscreen on our skin all year long. The winter sun is as dangerous as the summer sun as snow reflects up to 80% more UV light.
Don’t forget about moisturizing – one of the most important things to do in winter is moisturizing your skin on a daily basis. After a shower, it is good to use cream or ointment. Remember about hands! In the winter months, our hands can be really dry and chapped. Put some hand cream after each washing and before going out. If your hands are very dry and need strong moisturize apply a thick layer of hand cream under cotton gloves before going to bed. We assure you that after a few nights of this kind of treatment the results will be amazing!
Winter must-have? Lip balm! – Lip balm should be our best friend. Dry lips can crack and become painful. Lip balm creates a protective barrier between our lips and cold, winter weather. Using lip balm before lipstick will make your lips feel and look so much better!
Drink water – We all enjoy hot drinks like coffee, tea and hot chocolate more often during the winter season and tend to drink less water. Our skin needs water to stay hydrated from the inside out. Try a glass of hot water with added lemon or mint even green tea.
Humidify the air in your home – During the fall and winter, central heating is warming in our homes, which will remove moisture from the air. This can cause problems with dry and itchy eyes as well as dry skin or hair. This is a big problem, especially in winter. To prevent this, we recommend using an air humidifier, which will raise the level of humidity in the room and significantly improve the comfort of our skin and quality of sleep.
Add some serum to your skincare routine – Serums should be used to strengthen the action of the cream. The role of this product is to prepare the skin for cream and other products used in our skincare routine. We especially recommend a serum with vitamin C to nourish and brighten grey skin.
Limit hot baths – During the winter, a hot bath seems like a great way to warm up and relax, but taking frequent baths or showers in hot water can strip your skin of its natural oils. Therefore, we should reduce the temperature and be sure to use lotion!
HELP YOUR SKIN SURVIVE WINTER WITH ORGANIC SERIES!
The Organic Series range is a cosmetic brand that produces natural and vegan cosmetics. Organic Series provides the tools for healthier, beautiful looking skin in the comfort of your own home. Organic Series cosmetics are not tested on animals. Over 98% of the active ingredients in our cosmetics are of organic origin which is perfect for problematic or very sensitive skin. Organic Series offers products for all skin types, so everyone will find something that is suitable for their individual needs. The Organic Series products will help your skin survive wintertime and keep it healthy and moisturized.
Let’s start with hand skincare. The Organic Series range offer vegan, rich in active ingredients hand creams. Take a look:
- Regenerative Hand Cream – The cream is based on shea butter and sesame and almond oils. It has proven regenerative properties that soften the skin, making it delicate and protect it against external factors. In addition, the natural vitamin E contained in it has a strong anti-ageing effect. Regenerative Hand Cream is good for all skin types. Using hand cream will protect your skin from excessive dryness and cold temperatures.
- Moisturizing Hand Cream – Perfect for cold and windy days. This product has multi-directional and effective moisturizing, regenerating, and rejuvenating properties. The cream will spread perfectly and will not leave an oily layer on your skin which is a huge advantage. Moisturizing Hand Cream has such ingredients as Aloe Vera, Sweet Almond Oil, vitamin E, and Sesame oil.
To keep your skin protected from the sun and moisturized, the Organic Series range has a wonderful selection of creams:
- Moisturizing Cream SPF – A moisturizing cream with a sunscreen filter protects the skin from the harmful effects of UVA and UVB radiation while deeply moisturizing it which is perfect during winter. It has strong soothing and regenerating properties and will strengthen the protective barrier of the skin. The Moisturizing Cream SPF protects the skin from adverse UVA and UVB radiation at the SPF 20 level.
- Moisturizing Cream SPF High Protection – Moisturizing cream with SPF-high protection has a strong moisturizing, regenerating, and protecting effect against UV radiation. It soothes and softens the skin, and has an anti-wrinkle effect. Moisturizing Cream SPF High Protection naturally and strongly protect the skin against adverse UVA and UVB radiation at the level of SPF 43.
- Moisturizing Cream Forte – This cream contains a botanical mix of aloe vera, flax, and cotton, which will strengthen the protective barrier of the skin and restore a bright and radiant complexion. The botanical mix will also help to reduce the signs of fatigue and ageing, regenerate and soothe the irritation that appears on the skin. The forte cream has a light texture, good absorption and is ideal for use before make-up.
On our website, you will also find a selection of serums to strengthen the action of the cream. Let’s take a look:
- Oxygenating Serum – Oxygenating serum is perfect for dull and tired skin. The serum restores a youthful glow to the skin and prevents excessive water escape, which gives the skin a natural level of moisture. The serum should be applied to the face and neck before applying the cream, during daily care.
- Brightening Serum Intensive – This serum lightens freckles, age spots, discolouration, and imperfections. The skin becomes strongly moisturized and regenerated, it gains a lighter, uniform colour and a clear improvement in skin condition. Brightening Serum Intensive is perfect for skin with redness.
- Anti-Redness Skin Serum – It is perfect for sensitive, reddening skin. As we know this kind of skin requires gentle care and ingredients that will strengthen and rebuild the skin surface without causing irritation. Anti-Redness Skin Serum includes such ingredients as witch hazel, Grapevine, Rosemary, Hyaluronic acid, and Lavender. Thanks to it serum has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, strengthens blood vessel walls, and normalizes sebum secretion.
- Serum with 10% vitamin C – This kind of serum is recommended for mature skin or skin with blemishes. The serum will brighten up your skin in a multi-faceted way, it moisturizes strongly, improves firmness and flexibility, protects against irritation. Serum with 10% vitamin C improves skin tone, effectively and naturally fights any imperfections, while ensuring proper hydration and good skin condition.
- Intensive Moisture Serum – This one is especially good during wintertime. This powerful moisturizing serum maximizes water replenishment and strengthens the skin’s natural ability to retain water. It deeply moisturizes, helps to regenerate damage at the cellular level, while protecting the skin against the ageing process and external factors. That’s why Intensive Moisture Serum is highly recommended for dry and sensitive skin.
- Acne Skin Serum – Acne skincare serum has an effective antibacterial effect, it will make your skin look radiant, smooth, regenerated, and perfectly moisturised. Additionally, the serum will alleviate redness, irritation and inflammation and normalize the process of epidermis exfoliation. If you have problems with acne, that serum is your must-have!
- Oily Skin Serum – This advanced serum tones and moisturises the skin, reducing shine, imperfections and the appearance of large pores. Enriched with active exfoliating and sebum-control extracts, it energizes and restores a healthy appearance to the skin. Natural ingredients soothe irritations and give the skin a dull look. The Oily Skin Serum is perfect for oily and combination skin.
- Anti-ageing Serum – It stimulates the skin to renew the epidermis and restores its physiological balance. The innovative anti-ageing formula restores shine and youthful appearance to all skin types. It has strong lifting, regenerating and revitalising effects.
Get your skin ready for winter with the Organic Series range!