WHY MOISTURIZING YOUR SKIN IS SO IMPORTANT?
Keeping your skin hydrated and moisturized is extremely important. When we feel thirsty, we drink a glass of water, the same applies to our skin. This is a necessary part of our morning and nighttime skincare routine. After moisturizing, our face feels fresh and hydrated, but that is not the only advantage of it. Long-term moisturizing will reduce the signs of aging resulting in fewer wrinkles. Moisturizing can keep your skin healthy. Moisturizers should be used right after showering, exfoliating, and shaving. Most of us love hot showers especially on cold days but this is not good for our skin. Unfortunately, hot water strips our skin of its natural oils and moisture, upsetting the skins natural PH balance and making the skin dry. Therefore, immediately after bathing or showering it is essential to use a lotion to moisturize our skin.
One of the most important advantages is that moisturizing helps your skin stay young. Our skin is especially sensitive around the face, neck, chest and ears.
These areas continually lose and replace skin cells more often than any other part of the body. The loss of skin cells can be the cause of dryness and irritation. Moisturizing these areas of our body will help boost our natural skin repair process. Massaging the lotion into the body in circular motions greatly improves circulation and new cell regeneration.
Regular use of moisturizer reduces skin problems. Acne is often the cause of very dry or oily skin. In this case, hydration and putting some cream or lotion on your face can be really helpful. Besides, a good moisturizer can also reduce other skin blemishes. Moisturized skin gains shine which, combined with a light tan or a delicate camouflage, perfectly evens out skin tone.
Remember: Moisturizing keeps your skin soft, healthy and attractive.
On cold, windy days, our skin can become chapped and dry. During winter some of us tend to suffer from chapped cheeks, hands or lips, especially when we spend a lot of time outside. Redness, dry irritated skin is a common problem experienced by many people.
Both indoors and outdoors, we have to deal with a lot of airborne pollutants. If our skin is not protected, pollutants can easily settle on our face clogging up our pores.
Applying moisturizer or other face creams is also a very relaxing process. After a long day at work, this can have a calming effect.
While looking for a good moisturizer pay attention to the ingredients. In some cases, the most expensive product does not always mean the best. We recommend buying non-comedogenic moisturizers.
The Organic Series range has some really good moisturizers to keep your skin healthy, fresh and soft. But first of all, you may ask, what is Organic Series? Well, The Organic Series is a cosmetic brand producing organic and vegan cosmetic products. Over 98% of the active ingredients in Organic Series cosmetics are of organic origin. Products bearing this mark have been tested by independent laboratories. Organic Series will take care of your skin and environment at the same time.
Below, for your information we have listed a few moisturizers in the Organic Series range:
Moisturizing cream Forte – This cream contains a botanical mix of aloe vera, flax and cotton, which will strengthen the protective barrier of the skin and restore a bright and radiant complexion. Moisturizing Cream Forte will make your skin look regenerate and smooth. All of this thank to such ingredients as:
- Argan oil
- Vitamin E
- 60 mg of corn syrup
- Shea butter
The forte cream has a light texture, good absorption and is ideal for use before make-up.
Moisturizing Cream SPF – A moisturizing cream with sunscreen filter protects the skin from the harmful effects of UVA and UVB radiation. At the same time, it gives your skin deep moisture. Moisturizing Cream SPF has strong soothing and regenerating properties. What most important this cream naturally protects the skin from UV radiation at the SPF 20 level. Remember: UV protection is one of the most effective solutions against skin ageing.
Moisturizing Cream SPF High Protection – Moisturizing cream with high SPF protection has a strong moisturizing, regenerating and protecting effect against UV radiation. This cream leaves the skin smooth and has an anti-wrinkle effect It also protects the skin at the level of SPF 43.
Intensive Moisture Serum – time for a serum! Before applying some face cream is good to use serum because it strengthens the action of the cream. Intensive Moisture Serum maximizes water replenishment and strengthens the skin’s natural ability to retain water. Ingredients such as:
- A botanical mix of aloe, flax and cotton
Will keep the skin deeply moisturized and regenerated. The serum should be applied to the face and neck before applying the cream, during daily care.
Remember: putting moisturizer will take you only a few minutes but the effects of this face skincare will be visible long-term.
Moisturizing is not just about applying the cream. See how you can take care of your skin’s moisture in other ways:
- An air humidifier is your friend! – The air in our homes, especially during the central heating period, can be extremely dry. That is why it is a good idea to invest in an air humidifier and place it in the room we spend the most time in. It will ensure the right level of air humidity which will improve the condition of our skin and the quality of our sleep.
- After bathing or showering, try to dry your skin without rubbing it with a towel. This way you will leave some moisture on your skin, which will perfectly combine with the lotion giving it extra hydration.
- Proper hydration should be provided to your body inside out. For this reason, be sure to drink water regularly.
- Don’t forget about your hands! Cold air and low temperatures especially in winter can lead to redness and even cracked skin on your hands. Therefore, before every leaving home apply a cream to your hands. The same after washing your hands. Try to always have gloves with you when you are outdoors.
- Frequently applied lip balm can make your lips more hydrated, juicy and nice-looking. It also protects your lips from low temperature and dryness.
- Check the ingredients – skincare products such as soaps, shampoos and cosmetics may contain alcohol, which dries out the skin and deprives it of its natural moisture. Try to choose products rich in minerals and vitamins, which will perfectly moisturize your skin.
It is high time to take care of yourself and your skin. Keep your skin moisturized with the tips from this article and with the help of Organic Series range of cosmetics.